Here are our top tips to minimise your discomfort and make your laser sesh less stressful …
1. Numbing agent - grab yourself some good ol’ numbing cream and lather it on nice and thick at least 1 hour before your appointment. Wrap the area up in plastic wrap to make it work even better and you’re good to go.
2. Paracetamol - pop a couple of paracetamol tablets about 20 minutes before your session (if you’re able to take them). Just make sure you steer clear of ibuprofen and aspirin based products as these thin your blood and can make you bruise during treatment.
3. Ice cream - keep your blood sugar where it should be by having a snack before you come. If you have low blood sugar and/or you’re a bit hangry it doesn’t help with how you’re going to feel … and no, it doesn’t NEED to be ice cream, but we are in Leichhardt and the gelato here is GOOD :)
4. Breathe - in and out. Slowly. Seriously, controlling your breathing helps - a lot. And deep breathing through your nose oxygenates your blood and triggers the release of endorphins, your body’s natural pain killers.
And finally, just for the ladies …
5. Time it - getting lasered hurts more when you’re hormonal, so try to time your appointments for when you know your hormones won’t be going haywire (trust us on this one … ).
Look, we get it - at the end of the day, laser probably isn't the most fun thing you could be doing, but if you follow these tips it'll be a lot less uncomfortable. And with your included LED Phototherapy treatment (think full-day-in-the-sunshine kind of feel good factor) and a lush Lindt choccy after we're done you may even find that your next laser session is - dare we say it? - actually enjoyable!